Khanpur Dam is located on the River Harno in the village of Khanpur near Potowar Plateau, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, Pakistan. The dam is about 25 miles (40 km) away from Islamabad, Pakistan. Khanpur Dam is the source of domestic water supplies in Rawalpindi and Islamabad, and irrigation water to many of the agricultural and industrial areas surrounding the twin cities. The dam was completed in 1983 after a 15-year construction period believed to have cost Rs. 1,352 million. It is 167 feet (51 m) high and stores 110,000-acre feet (140,000,000 m3) of water. Khanpur Lake is an ideal place for a day trip. It will be a more interesting trip if you take the time to visit historical places of Taxila nearby and also the famous Taxila Museum. Khanpur Lake is a reservoir which supplies drinking water to Islamabad and Rawalpindi and irrigation water to many of the agricultural and industrial areas surrounding the cities. The dam was completed in 1983 after a 15 year construction period believed to have cost Rs. 1,352 million. The dam was named after the former Khanpur village. A new Khanpur town is located downstream of the Dam. It is 167 feet (51 m) high and stores 110,000-acre feet, 140,000,000 cubic meters of water. Khanpur Lake (the reservoir of the dam) has become a popular tourist destination and a picnic spot. The beautiful and serene environment is also a sanctuary for migratory birds during winter. The area around the Khanpur lake has been planted with flowering trees and laid out with gardens picnic spots, and secluded paths. The terraced garden and the lake are used for picnics fishing and boating. The highest point in the garden offers a panoramic view of the Lake Margalla and Murree hills Rawalpindi and Islamabad. The attractive lake is 48 kilometers from Islamabad. Located at a 15-minute drive from Taxila bypass on GT Road and about an hour from Islamabad, and two and half hour’s drive from Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, to reach the Khanpur Lake. For a day trip/picnic, it is an ideal place where you can enjoy boating, fishing, swimming, adventure, water sports, Skiing, angling, Spelunking, Night Caving, Rock Climbing, Team Rappelling, Rap Jumping and watching migratory birds during winter. The lake is fed by waters of River Haro. It is an important water source for both agricultural and consumption needs in the region. Khanpur Lake is also a reservoir that supplies drinking water to some areas of Hazara Division. The lake along with the view of Margla hills has become a popular tourist destination where families and individuals can enjoy boating, picnicking, speed boating and fishing. There is an island in the middle of the lake that is good for spending a picnic and enjoying the landscape. Boats are available for pick and drop to the island. An adventure club named Hawk Adventure Club has recently created its camp near the lakeshore. They provide facilities for adventure sports like rowing, diving, and speed boating.
• 12:00 am Arrival at Assembly points
• 12:15 am Departure
• 08:00 am Arrival at Kanpur Dam
• 08:00 am Group Photo
• 08:30 am Breakfast
• 09:30 am 5 hours at Khanpur Dam
• 02:00 pm Group Photo
• 02:15 pm Departure towards Islamabad
• 04:00 pm Arrival at Restaurant
• 04:15 pm Meal
• 06:00 pm Departure for Lahore
• 12:00 pm Arrival at Lahore
Luxury Transport Breakfast with Tea Lunch cum dinner at Monal Preliminary First Aid Box Memorial Photograph Services of a Guide Road tolls & Taxes, Basic first aid kit Life jacket Life Guard
Jetski Cliff diving Boating Gun Shooting Archery
Terms & Condition:
1. Members will be Pick & Drop on Assembly Point only.
2. Payment will be made through above-mentioned methods or By-hand within the 12 hours of reservation
3. Only Transportation, Food / Tea, and mentioned Charges will be charged.
4. Any other expense will be on Self-contribution.
5. Abide by the time and be punctual to back at Assembly point
6. Extra charges will be paid if have to move other than plan.
7. Seats will be served on a first-come and first-serve basis.
8. Bring Water / Light Food items / Hiking Stick / Shoulder Bag / Umbrella / Chocolates / Candies / Necessary Medicines.
9. The trip can be canceled due to any reason.
10. Please follow the instructions of the Administrator
11. No picture will be posted on social media without permission.
12. Only Group pictures will be allowed to be posted in the group.
13. Seats will be served on first come first basis
14. Every person must have to bring original CNIC
15. Every person must have to sign the undertaking before departure.
16. Company holds the right to cancel the trip at any time.
+92 304 111 6986
+92 423 530 1168
68 R1, MYTM Building,
Adjecent JS Bank, Main
Boulevard, Johar Town, Phase1 Lahore.